New Flavors of Colorado festival comes to Avon
AVON — The inaugural Flavors of Colorado festival brings together Colorado-based musicians, chefs, artists, craft brewers and distillers to celebrate and discover all things Colorado. The weekend-long festival is Friday through Sunday in Avon and is free to attend.
The festival is full of entertaining and educational events all tied back to local artisans and their craft. From food and drink tastings, live music, seminars and panel discussions, an art showcase and activities for the kids, the Flavors of Colorado festival offers something unique and interesting for everyone.
The Farm to Chef’s Table charity dinner kicks off the festival Friday from 6 to 9 p.m. Guests will enjoy an intimate, perfectly paired, four-course meal featuring two of Colorado’s finest culinary artists. Executive Chef Chris Thompson at The Nickel in Denver and Executive Chef Veronica Morales at Eat + Drink located in Edwards will each prepare two courses for the evening. Keith Villa, Blue Moon Brewing Company founder and master brewer, will be on-hand to pair each dish with a hand selected craft beer from the Blue Moon portfolio of beers. Bonnie & The Clydes will cap the evening off with a private performance for dinner guests. Tickets for this all-inclusive evening are $100 per person or $50 for those 13 and younger with proceeds benefiting Walking Mountains Science Center. Tickets are limited; reserve your seat at http://www.flavors ofcolorado.com.
Food and beverage tasting: Attendees can enjoy great bites from Colorado chefs, restaurants, craft brewers and craft distillers. Taste their creations in Avon’s Nottingham Park throughout the weekend. Attendees will swap out Flavor Dollars in exchange for a bite or sip of the different Colorado flavors.
Live music: The musical lineup is filled with top talent from around the state featuring nationally known acts. The lineup includes: Todd Park Mohr, The Congress, Filthy Children, Delta Sonics, Eminence Ensemble, Finders & Youngberg, Dixie Leadfoot, Bonnie & The Clydes and The Laughing Bones. Bonnie & The Clydes will perform at Friday evening’s Farm to Chef’s Table charity dinner; and Todd Park Mohr, of Big Head Todd & The Monsters, will be taking the stage, headlining Saturday evening. To see the full musical lineup and festival schedule, visit flavorsof colorado.com
Panel discussions and educational seminars: Meet and learn from Colorado’s own experts as they share with you information that will interest you, educate you and even inspire you. These are free to attend, no sign-up required.
Some of the scheduled seminars and discussions include:
• “How to pick the most flavorful Colorado Produce,” Saturday at noon. Led by Colorado Proud, this seminar will educate attendees on how to choose the best produce with a focus on how to buy local to support local companies, chefs, farmers, etc.
• “Blue Moon Brewing Company; Past, Present and Future,” Saturday at 2 p.m. Keith Villa, master brewer and founder of Blue Moon Brewing Company, will speak to the history and backstory of the Blue Moon Brewing Company, how the brand has evolved during the past 20 years, and how it will continue to evolve moving forward. The session will be followed by a Q&A session.
• “The Artists & Their Craft,” Sunday at noon. Meet some of Colorado’s own craft brewers and craft distillers and listen as they share with everyone their own personal stories. Learn what inspired them to get into brewing and distilling, hear their thoughts on the industry today, the current trends and their take on what the next five years look like. The session will be followed by a Q&A session.
• “Food & Craft Beer,” Sunday at 2 p.m. Keith Villa, master brewer and founder of Blue Moon Brewing Company, along with one of Colorado’s culinary chefs, will lead a discussion around food’s inspiration behind craft beer and how beer flavors, colors and characteristics lend to a number of flavors within the culinary realm. The session will be followed by a Q&A session.
• Art Gallery Showcase: Walk through the art gallery showcase and browse the wide array of creative talent these local Colorado artists posses. Their art will not only be on display, but many artists will also be selling their art throughout the festival.
• Kids activities: Kids will enjoy educational and entertaining hands-on activities throughout the weekend that promote healthy living in a fun, interactive way.
For more information, visit http://www.flavorsofcolorado.com.
Support Local Journalism
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User