New York band Tauk is next installment in ShowDown Town free concert series
ShowDown Town schedule
All shows start at 6:30 p.m. in Eagle Town Park.
• July 14 — Tauk: Cerebral funk created from the collision of hip-hop, rock and jazz.
• July 21 — Tracksuit Wedding: Soulful vintage rock with elements of funk and blues.
• July 28 — Dave Jordan: New Orleans-based singer-songwriter.
• Aug. 4 — Sound Travels: High-velocity improvisational five-piece pop rock.
• Aug. 11 — John “JoJo” Herman: Keyboardist known from Widespread Panic.
EAGLE — Soak up the scene and sounds at Eagle Town Park on Thursday, July 14, when Tauk fills the park with its instrumental funk sound as part of the ShowDown Town free concert series.
“Tauk has the ability to use music as a method of exploration — and there are times where it will appear that they are communicating with each other on stage in a language of their own invention,” said Tom Boyd, director of communications for the Vail Valley Foundation.
As a young group, Tauk is working to rise to national attention, with a full touring schedule and a new album to be released in September. The band released a live album, “Headroom,” in September 2015.
ShowDown Town concerts feature Eagle-based Bonfire Brewing Co. as the official beer partner. The brewery will offer an on-site public beer garden, along with post-concert taproom specials. Pack a picnic or visit one of the food vendors that will be located throughout the park during each concert, and take advantage of kids’ activities.
Upcoming concerts in the series include Tracksuit Wedding (July 21) and Sound Travels (Aug. 4) before John “JoJo” Herman of Widespread Panic closes the series (Aug. 11). For more information on the Vail Valley Foundation’s free concert series, like Vail Free Concerts on Facebook and visit http://www.vvf.org.