No charges in hot dog death | VailDaily.com
YOUR AD HERE »

No charges in hot dog death

ARVADA, Colo. (AP) ” Arvada police say no criminal charges are expected in the case of a 3-year-old boy who died after apparently choking on a piece of hot dog.

It happened about noon Friday at a licensed in-home day care facility.

Arvada Police spokeswoman Susan Medina says reports indicate Kyle Cox was eating a cut-up hot dog at a table when a piece got caught in his airway.

Authorities say the day care provider called 911 and started first-aid on the boy until paramedics arrived and transported him to a nearby hospital.

He was later pronounced dead.

Medina says the incident remains under investigation, but says it appears to be an accidental death and no charges will be presented to prosecutors.


Support Local Journalism


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User