Celebration of life is April 27 for Tim Heslinga of Eagle-Vail (obituary)
April 10, 2018
Tim Heslinga, age 52, of Eagle-Vail, a 31-year resident of the Vail Valley, passed away Monday, April 2. Tim grew up in Oskaloosa, Iowa. He graduated from the University of Northern Iowa with a degree in forestry in 1987 and headed west. Tim was a long-time river guide in the summer and a snowmobile guide in the winter. He filled many hours of downtime on the mountain and was an excellent skier. Tim was also an electrician and worked for several contractors around the valley.
Tim is survived by his wife and partner of 22 years, Kathy Heslinga, and Charlie, his Australian shepherd; his parents, Garold and Mary Heslinga, of Oskaloosa; sisters Kim and Jack Scieszinski, of Albia, Iowa, Vicki and Ron VanDerPol, of Oskaloosa; stepsister Jane Heslinga, of West Des Moines, Iowa; and his stepbrother Mark and Kathleen Heslinga, of Salem, Oregon; father-in-law Leland Franz, of Midland, Texas; and in-laws Sigrid Stewart and Steven Blyskal, of Houston, Texas; John Franz, of Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri; Richard and Judy Franz, of Denton, Texas; Bob Franz and Christine Douvres, of Evergreen; Holly Franz, of Livermore, California and Edwards; and Heidi Hanson, of Gypsum; and numerous nieces and nephews. Tim was preceded in death by his mother-in-law, Joanne Marie Franz. A celebration of life/birthday party for Tim is planned for the afternoon of April 27, 2018, at the couple's home.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Catherine Kelley’s murderer pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman, says he ‘hates’ what he did
- Riverwalk Theater in Edwards has new owners and is now serving beer, wine
- Negative effects of legal marijuana rising, law enforcement task force study finds
- Utah man arrested near Eagle, suspected of firing pistol from moving vehicle
- Vail Resorts’ plan to expand Vail Mountain snowmaking draws good response