Gustafson services set for Dec. 27
December 18, 2003
Albert Duane Gustafson died Monday at his home in Minturn. He was 61.
Gustafson was born Nov. 15, 1942, in Gilman, to parents Lola (Pallister) Gustafson and the late William A. Gustafson.
Duane, as he was known, was a master carpenter who, for the past 25 years, built many homes in the Vail Valley. He worked for J.L. Viele Construction.
Friends and family said he enjoyed carpentry and took great pride in his work. They said he loved hunting, fishing and spending time with his family.
Gustafson is preceded in death by his father William, his first wife Mary Rebecca Young Gustafson, and his uncle Kenny James Gustafson.
He is survived by his wife Debra (Moore) Gustafson; his son Duane (Elvira) Gustafson; grandchildren Bryan and Jared Gustafson and Tyler Epperson; and his mother Lola Gustafson, all of Minturn. He is also survived by his nephew Kenneth James (Allison) Gustafson and his niece Rochelle (Eric) Hennigan. Duane is also survived by numerous nieces and nephews.
Memorial services are 11 a.m., Dec. 27, at the Eagle River Presbyterian Church, 455 Nottingham Ranch Road, Avon.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Hahnewald barn’s proposed first move would cost $390K, take up 12 parking spaces in downtown Avon