Gustafson services set for Dec. 27
December 18, 2003
Albert Duane Gustafson died Monday at his home in Minturn. He was 61.
Gustafson was born Nov. 15, 1942, in Gilman, to parents Lola (Pallister) Gustafson and the late William A. Gustafson.
Duane, as he was known, was a master carpenter who, for the past 25 years, built many homes in the Vail Valley. He worked for J.L. Viele Construction.
Friends and family said he enjoyed carpentry and took great pride in his work. They said he loved hunting, fishing and spending time with his family.
Gustafson is preceded in death by his father William, his first wife Mary Rebecca Young Gustafson, and his uncle Kenny James Gustafson.
He is survived by his wife Debra (Moore) Gustafson; his son Duane (Elvira) Gustafson; grandchildren Bryan and Jared Gustafson and Tyler Epperson; and his mother Lola Gustafson, all of Minturn. He is also survived by his nephew Kenneth James (Allison) Gustafson and his niece Rochelle (Eric) Hennigan. Duane is also survived by numerous nieces and nephews.
Memorial services are 11 a.m., Dec. 27, at the Eagle River Presbyterian Church, 455 Nottingham Ranch Road, Avon.
Trending In: Obituaries
- I-70 closed in Glenwood Canyon after fatality in traffic incident
- Police investigating car vs. pedestrian fatality on I-70 in Glenwood
- Vail’s Mikaela Shiffrin four-peats in worlds slalom
- Avalanche advisory issued for Vail, Summit County through President’s Day weekend
- Father of snowboarder who died at Snowmass: ‘He was just one of those good guys’