Helen Maxine Dickens Ferguson, 1942-2012
May 25, 2012
Helen Maxine Ferguson, 69, of Gypsum, died at Swedish Medical Hospital on Wednesday.
She was born to the late Lloyd Dickens and Faye Dunn Sept. 10, 1942, in Longmont. Helen liked roller skating, where she met Larry Ferguson and married in January 1963. They lived together in Loveland before relocating to the Eagle Valley area in 1967.
Helen enjoyed visiting and spending time with her grandchildren. Always up for a road trip, she enjoyed the adventure of searching out some of her fun and unique knickknacks along the way. She was a housewife and was looking forward to their 50th anniversary. A fan of the vapor cave, Helen could often be found enjoying time in Glenwood Springs.
Helen is survived by her husband, Larry Ferguson; three children, Everett Ferguson, of Eagle; Annette (Micheal) Vesser, of Rayville, Mo., and Elizabeth O’Hara, of Hazel Green, Ala.; five grandchildren, Colter (Ashley) and Hunter Ferguson, of Henderson, Texas; Justin (Alyssa) Vesser and Allie (Hagen) McCollum, of Missouri; Brittany O’Hara, of Alabama; one great-grandchild, Adilaide Vesser, of Missouri; and sister Glady Burgess, of Loveland.
She was preceded in death by father Lloyd Dickens, mother Faye Dunn and brother Carl Dickens.
A memorial service will be held at a later date. In lieu of flowers, the family requests that you donate to your favorite charity.
We would like to thank all the friends and family for their help and support.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- “Kavanaugh, get used to it”: Breckenridge bartender gets stiffed — with a message
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- In Avon, a controversial move will be discussed in building which was the subject of a controversial move