Lawrence R. Rydiger 1925-2016
November 5, 2016
Lawrence R. Rydiger, Oct 14, 1925-Oct 24, 2016.
Beloved husband to Elaine. Father to Susan, Bob and Jon. Grandfather to Kerry and Amanda. Born in Minneapolis. Attended Patrick Henry High School and was a member of the ski team. After a high school deferment he enlisted in the U.S. Navy. Served with the Seabees in the Philippines during World War II.
Larry had many interests and at the top of his list was skiing at Vail. He was a member of the Vail National Ski Patrol (1965-1976) and there was nothing he liked better than being the "first one up and the last one down." For the full obituary, visit NewcomerDenver.com.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Fire is burning north of Dotsero, near Sweetwater resort