Obituary: Dennis Jerry Lopez, Sept. 6, 1955, to Feb. 25, 2018
February 28, 2018
Dennis Jerry Lopez, 62, longtime resident of Minturn, passed away peacefully at home on Sunday, Feb. 25, after a lengthy battle of chronic illness and cancer.
Dennis was born in Chamisal, New Mexico, to Dennis and Maria Lopez. They moved to Colorado in 1962. Dennis attended local schools, where he met his wife, Stefanie, of 39 years. He was an avid outdoorsman who loved hunting, fishing and camping. He also loved watching football, listening to his classic rock music and spending time with friends and family.
He is survived by his daughter Valerie (Mike) Rennon and son Jerry (Erika) Lopez; four grandkids, Evelynn, Ashlynn, Declan and Marilynn; sisters Bella (Bill) Darnell, Lorraine Lopez and Sandra Smaller; and several nieces and nephews. He is preceded in death by his parents, sister, Shirley, and brother, Eloy Lopez.
A Rosary will be held Friday, March 2, at 6 p.m. A Mass will be celebrated on Saturday, March 3, at 10 a.m. Both services will take place at St. Patrick's Parish in Minturn. Burial and reception will follow Mass on Saturday.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Valley entrepreneur launches bikes into a new niche in the e-bike world
- Hardscrabble Ranch plan, and name change options, will be unveiled Wednesday night, Sept. 19
- Accused murderer Jacob White scheduled to plead and be sentenced Friday, Sept. 21, in Catherine Kelley case
- Eagle County Open Space celebrates new motocross park in Gypsum
- Vail Valley boy suffers only minor injuries after colliding with food truck