Obituary: Eliane Paulette Seebacher, 1936-2017
August 29, 2017
Early Vail resident Eliane Seebacher lost her battle with cancer on Aug. 15, 2017. Eliane was born in Thionville, France, on Jan. 6, 1936.
In 1957, Eliane met the love of her life, Hans Seebacher. In 1969, after a ski trip to Vail, they picked up the family and decided to make Vail their home. Eliane loved the mountains and enjoyed skiing, hiking and mushroom hunting. Eliane's biggest loves were her family and her many dear friends.
Eliane is survived by her husband, Hans; daughters, Kathy Thomason and Monique Friedman; granddaughters Sarah and Gabrielle Thomason; and son-in-law James Thomason and was preceded in death by son-in-law Kenneth Friedman.
A memorial service will be held on Sept. 9 at Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Scottsdale, Arizona, at 11:30 a.m. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Eliane's memory to Hospice of the Valley, 1510 E. Flower Street, Phoenix, AZ 85014.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- Vail Pass Rest Area death ruled a suicide
- I-70 standoff suspect allegedly stabbed ‘good Samaritan’
- Vail Resorts has sold about 925,000 passes of all kinds for this ski season
- Does cannabis cost, or pay? CCU study claims marijuana costs $4.50 for every $1 it generates