Obituary: Eliane Paulette Seebacher, 1936-2017
August 29, 2017
Early Vail resident Eliane Seebacher lost her battle with cancer on Aug. 15, 2017. Eliane was born in Thionville, France, on Jan. 6, 1936.
In 1957, Eliane met the love of her life, Hans Seebacher. In 1969, after a ski trip to Vail, they picked up the family and decided to make Vail their home. Eliane loved the mountains and enjoyed skiing, hiking and mushroom hunting. Eliane's biggest loves were her family and her many dear friends.
Eliane is survived by her husband, Hans; daughters, Kathy Thomason and Monique Friedman; granddaughters Sarah and Gabrielle Thomason; and son-in-law James Thomason and was preceded in death by son-in-law Kenneth Friedman.
A memorial service will be held on Sept. 9 at Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Scottsdale, Arizona, at 11:30 a.m. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Eliane's memory to Hospice of the Valley, 1510 E. Flower Street, Phoenix, AZ 85014.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Ski.com and Epic Pass are accepting applications for the dream ski job