Obituary: Eliane Paulette Seebacher, 1936-2017
August 29, 2017
Early Vail resident Eliane Seebacher lost her battle with cancer on Aug. 15, 2017. Eliane was born in Thionville, France, on Jan. 6, 1936.
In 1957, Eliane met the love of her life, Hans Seebacher. In 1969, after a ski trip to Vail, they picked up the family and decided to make Vail their home. Eliane loved the mountains and enjoyed skiing, hiking and mushroom hunting. Eliane's biggest loves were her family and her many dear friends.
Eliane is survived by her husband, Hans; daughters, Kathy Thomason and Monique Friedman; granddaughters Sarah and Gabrielle Thomason; and son-in-law James Thomason and was preceded in death by son-in-law Kenneth Friedman.
A memorial service will be held on Sept. 9 at Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Scottsdale, Arizona, at 11:30 a.m. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Eliane's memory to Hospice of the Valley, 1510 E. Flower Street, Phoenix, AZ 85014.
Trending In: Obituaries
- I-70 closed in Glenwood Canyon after fatality in traffic incident
- Police investigating car vs. pedestrian fatality on I-70 in Glenwood
- Vail’s Mikaela Shiffrin four-peats in worlds slalom
- Avalanche advisory issued for Vail, Summit County through Presidents Day weekend
- Father of snowboarder who died at Snowmass: ‘He was just one of those good guys’