Obituary: Janet Field, Jan. 9, 1941, to Aug. 11, 2017
August 18, 2017
Janet Field, of Fort Collins, died on Aug. 11, 2017, at a hospital in Aurora. She was 76. Janet was born on Jan. 9, 1941, in Long Branch, New Jersey, to Michael and Frances Pope. She was married to Walter for more than 54 years, and together, they had two children, Jeffrey and Cheryl. They lived in Middletown, New Jersey, and later moved to Colorado. She was a devoted wife and loving mother.
Janet was an accomplished secretary throughout her life. She worked at her husband's business, Firebuster Corp., in Middletown, New Jersey; her son's business, Crystal Clear Spa and Pool, in Gypsum; and Eagle County government in Colorado. Janet loved the Jersey Shore and the Colorado Rocky Mountains. She enjoyed going to the beach and ocean, traveling, playing bridge and cards, gardening, cooking, sewing, crafts, music and spending time with family and friends.
Janet is survived by her husband, Walter, daughter Cheryl, son-in-law Wesley, brother Thomas, sister-in-law Penny and two nephews, Brian and Michael. Janet was predeceased by her beloved parents, Michael and Frances, and her beloved son Jeffrey.
Visitation will be held at Allnutt Funeral Home, 650 West Drake Road, Fort Collins, on Tuesday from 9 to 11 a.m. Funeral mass will be held at St. Joseph Catholic Church, 101 N. Howes St., Fort Collins, on Tuesday at 2 p.m. Burial will be held at Sunset View Cemetery, Sixth Street and Hilltop Street, Eagle, on Wednesday at 3 p.m.
Janet was an extremely special person to so many and will be deeply missed. Family and friends are invited to sign the online guestbook, order flowers or leave a personal note to the family at http://www.allnutt.com.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail