Obituary: Lorraine Claussen, April 17, 1922, to July 1, 2018
July 30, 2018
Lorraine Claussen, age 96, of Gypsum, passed away peacefully at home on Sunday, July 1, 2018. Lorraine was born in Odgen, Iowa. She married Arnold Claussen in May 1942 in Lincoln, Nebraska, and moved to Colorado in 1949.
In 1968, Claussen moved to the Eagle Valley in Colorado, eventually settling in Eagle County near Gypsum and resided there until her death. She was a loving mother and devoted wife.
Lorraine is preceded in death by her parents (Oliver and Freida Wright); her two brothers (Arnold and Floyd) and her husband (Arnold Claussen).
She is survived by two daughters (Cathy and Deb) and a son (Tom), six grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and one great-great-grandchild.
Private services will be held by family members.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Valley entrepreneur launches bikes into a new niche in the e-bike world
- Hardscrabble Ranch plan, and name change options, will be unveiled Wednesday night, Sept. 19
- Eagle County knows finding affordable housing solutions never gets easier
- Vail Valley boy suffers only minor injuries after colliding with food truck
- Everybody sing, ‘Sweet Caroline,’ as Battle Mountain volleyball beats Eagle Valley