Obituary: Lorraine Claussen, April 17, 1922, to July 1, 2018
July 30, 2018
Lorraine Claussen, age 96, of Gypsum, passed away peacefully at home on Sunday, July 1, 2018. Lorraine was born in Odgen, Iowa. She married Arnold Claussen in May 1942 in Lincoln, Nebraska, and moved to Colorado in 1949.
In 1968, Claussen moved to the Eagle Valley in Colorado, eventually settling in Eagle County near Gypsum and resided there until her death. She was a loving mother and devoted wife.
Lorraine is preceded in death by her parents (Oliver and Freida Wright); her two brothers (Arnold and Floyd) and her husband (Arnold Claussen).
She is survived by two daughters (Cathy and Deb) and a son (Tom), six grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and one great-great-grandchild.
Private services will be held by family members.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Best of Vail 2018 winners (full list)
- Line cut leads to CenturyLink internet outages; service expected to be restored by 10 p.m. Tuesday
- Woman found in Vail Dumpster requests exclusion of police testimony from trial, scheduled for February
- Vail Opening Day is here! See live updates
- Sunny skies, fresh powder and free parking at Vail Opening Day 2018