Obituary: Megan Elizabeth Lodge, Aug. 16, 2001-Dec. 26, 2018
January 15, 2019
Megan Elizabeth Lodge, of Eagle, Colorado, died on Dec. 26, 2018, at the age of 17.
A native of the Colorado mountains, she spent her earliest years in Gypsum and later moved to Eagle.
She was a senior at Eagle Valley High School, with aspirations to continue with her love for writing and film. Megan was the Student Director for theater and musical productions at Eagle Valley, and competed on the national level for the EVHS Devils Speech & Debate Team.
Megan is preceded in death by her grandfather, William A. Gruber, and her grandmother, Nina W. Lodge.
Megan is survived by her parents, Bill and Barb Lodge, and sister Kristen, of Eagle; grandparents Trudi Gruber, of Arvada, Colorado, and Martin D. Lodge, of Columbia Station, Ohio; aunts/uncles Karen & Larry Ryan, of Santa Fe, New Mexico, Susan Gruber, of Seattle, Washington, and Laura Lodge, of Vail, Colorado.
A memorial fund has been established in her honor at Eagle Valley High School to benefit aspiring Speech & Debate team members.
Contributions can be made at http://bit.ly/meganlodgememorialfund.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Warning issued for Edwards residents after 8-10 mountain lions seen roaming neighborhoods
- Edwards man comes face to face with mountain lion Tuesday night
- O. J. Simpson spotted in Vail, posing for selfies
- Storm could bring up to 14 inches of new snow to Vail and Beaver Creek
- WATCH: Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode