Obituary: Sally Elizabeth Ryan, Sept 4, 1946 Dec 27, 2018
January 3, 2019
Sally Ryan, 72, of Eagle passed away December 27, 2018 at Vail Health Center in Vail Colorado with her family by her side. Sally was born September 4, 1946 in Cleveland, Ohio to Thomas and Armella (Conn) Heil.
Sally is a 1964 graduate of Cleveland Heights High School. She married in 1966 and lived in California, Missouri and Michigan while working and raising her three children. In 1982 Sally moved to Eagle, Colorado to start a new life. Sally remarried in 1995. She worked at Vail Resorts for more than 30 years.
Sally loved gardening and flowers and her favorite pastime was "digging in the dirt." Sally also loved antiques and collected many wonderful pieces.
Sally was known for taking care of people. She was a good friend, a loving mother and grandmother, a good listener, and always willing to give advice.
She is survived by her husband Dan Ryan, of Eagle, Colorado; sons James Mundo of Fort Collins, Colorado and Andrew Mundo of Eagle, Colorado; daughter Jeanne Freiberger of Sharon, Massachusetts; stepson Casey Ryan of St. Paul, Nebraska and stepdaughter Courtney Wallace of Omaha, Nebraska; and twelve grandchildren.
In lieu of flowers the family suggests a donation be made to the American Lung Association.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Obituary: Harald Ernst Fricker, Jan. 13, 1960 – Jan. 8, 2019
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Colorado women dominated Sports Illustrated list of fittest athletes in the world
- Vail’s Lindsey Vonn full speed ahead in return to slopes
- Chris Anthony: The underwater search for a missing piece of 10th Mountain history