Obituary: Steve Boblak, Sept. 29, 1956, to July 27, 2017
August 18, 2017
Steve Boblak passed away unexpectedly from a heart attack while completing his routine run on Vail Pass. Funeral services were held for Steve in his hometown community outside of Chicago on Aug. 5.
A Vail Valley resident since 1995, Steve had four passions in life: family, running, animals and vacationing in Door County, Wisconsin. Family was so very important to Steve, and being present for all major family events was a priority, including the family's annual Door County vacations.
Steve was an avid runner and ran track and cross country for Brother Rice High School and Loyola University. Steve continues to hold the record at Rice for the 880-yard run. All animals, especially dogs, birds and the local wildlife, were Steve's best friends.
Steve was the loving husband of Adrienne (nee Flanzer) Boblak; dear brother of Betty (Bob) Berls and Bill (Michelle) Boblak; fun-loving uncle of Bob (Kaylin) Berls, Mary (Cory) Cosentino, Joe and Brett Boblak and Jessy Olson; great uncle of Rosie Cosentino; beloved nephew of Helen Smuskiewicz, Micki Seinfeld and Dennis (Fay) Flanzer; caring brother-in-law of Elise (David) Whiskeyman and cousin and friend to many; special relationship with "Hank" his trusting dog and companion.
If you wish, donations in memory of Steve can be made to the nonprofit Keshena Animal Help and Rescue Inc., c/o Lisa Wilson, Treasurer, N1420 Wood Duck Way, Keshena, WI 84135.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- “Kavanaugh, get used to it”: Breckenridge bartender gets stiffed — with a message
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- In Avon, a controversial move will be discussed in building which was the subject of a controversial move