Obituary: Thomas K. Brown, Oct. 30, 1917, to Oct. 31, 2017
November 15, 2017
Ret. Lt. Col. Thomas Kevin Brown was a World War II B17 pilot with 35 missions over Germany, France and Normandy, once ditching his plane in the English Channel. All 10 crew survived unhurt and returned to duty. He was awarded four Bronze Stars, four Distinguished Flying Crosses and four Air Medals.
He started a printing company in West Des Moines, Iowa. He and his wife of 72 years, June, retired to Vail for 23 years, the happiest time of their life.
Kevin is survived by his wife, June, of Weatherford, Texas; children Jack, of Belize, James, of Dexter, Iowa, and Kathleen, of Boyd, Texas; grandchildren Jamie and Alex and great-grandchildren Rosalie and William.
Service will be held Monday, Nov. 20, at 10 a.m. at Dallas Fort Worth National Cemetery. Donations can be made to the Society for the Blind.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Silver Creek Fire near Kremmling grows to 3,198 acres; air quality advisory in effect for Eagle County
- Vail Valley’s most extravagant outdoor water users facing fines, disconnection
- Gypsum Town Council approves 591-unit Siena Lake proposal
- Lives in progress, a thing to behold: Carol Conger helped thousands of Vail Valley people start life right
- Ask a Realtor: When should I get an appraisal on my property? (column)