Obituary: Thomas K. Brown, Oct. 30, 1917, to Oct. 31, 2017
November 15, 2017
Ret. Lt. Col. Thomas Kevin Brown was a World War II B17 pilot with 35 missions over Germany, France and Normandy, once ditching his plane in the English Channel. All 10 crew survived unhurt and returned to duty. He was awarded four Bronze Stars, four Distinguished Flying Crosses and four Air Medals.
He started a printing company in West Des Moines, Iowa. He and his wife of 72 years, June, retired to Vail for 23 years, the happiest time of their life.
Kevin is survived by his wife, June, of Weatherford, Texas; children Jack, of Belize, James, of Dexter, Iowa, and Kathleen, of Boyd, Texas; grandchildren Jamie and Alex and great-grandchildren Rosalie and William.
Service will be held Monday, Nov. 20, at 10 a.m. at Dallas Fort Worth National Cemetery. Donations can be made to the Society for the Blind.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Ski.com and Epic Pass are accepting applications for the dream ski job