Obituary: Vera LaVonne Best, Aug. 2, 1940, to Aug. 23, 2018
August 25, 2018
Vera LaVonne Best, 78, of Grand Junction, passed away on Thursday, Aug. 23, peacefully at her home surrounded by family. Vera was a Colorado native, born in Fort Morgan, the daughter of Leland and Rose Halligan, of Commerce City. She was one of eight children, survived by one brother, Wayne R. (Patty) Halligan, and two sisters, Judy White and Theresa Hanson.
Vera loved gardening, the outdoors and, most of all, spending time with all her family. She will be greatly missed by her husband of 61 years, Gerald Best, daughter Rhonda Solawetz and son Rodger Best; four grandchildren, Jacob Best (Felicia), Karlee Solawetz, Molli Solawetz and Courtnee (Connor) Ruckman; and great-grandson Collins Kohl Ruckman. She is preceded in death by three sisters and one brother.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 30, at Callahan-Edfast Mortuary, 2515 Patterson Road in Grand Junction. A remembrance gathering in celebration of Vera's life will be held immediately following the service at Clifton Christian Church, 3241 F 1/4 Road in Clifton.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Line cut leads to CenturyLink internet outages; service expected to be restored by 10 p.m. Tuesday
- Best of Vail 2018 winners (full list)
- Vail, Beaver Creek to open early for 2018-19 season
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Vail Valley winter air service includes more flights from several cities