Obituary: Vera LaVonne Best, Aug. 2, 1940, to Aug. 23, 2018
August 25, 2018
Vera LaVonne Best, 78, of Grand Junction, passed away on Thursday, Aug. 23, peacefully at her home surrounded by family. Vera was a Colorado native, born in Fort Morgan, the daughter of Leland and Rose Halligan, of Commerce City. She was one of eight children, survived by one brother, Wayne R. (Patty) Halligan, and two sisters, Judy White and Theresa Hanson.
Vera loved gardening, the outdoors and, most of all, spending time with all her family. She will be greatly missed by her husband of 61 years, Gerald Best, daughter Rhonda Solawetz and son Rodger Best; four grandchildren, Jacob Best (Felicia), Karlee Solawetz, Molli Solawetz and Courtnee (Connor) Ruckman; and great-grandson Collins Kohl Ruckman. She is preceded in death by three sisters and one brother.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 30, at Callahan-Edfast Mortuary, 2515 Patterson Road in Grand Junction. A remembrance gathering in celebration of Vera's life will be held immediately following the service at Clifton Christian Church, 3241 F 1/4 Road in Clifton.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case, saying judges erred in several rulings before and during trial
- Accused murderer Jacob White scheduled to plead and be sentenced Friday, Sept. 21, in Catherine Kelley case
- Rancher cries as jury exonerates her
- Eagle County Open Space celebrates new motocross park in Gypsum
- Brake fire closes Interstate 70 at East Vail, burns landscaping material Monday morning, Sept. 17