Obituary: Vieva J. DeGraw, Dec. 1, 1943, to Sept. 2, 2018
September 5, 2018
Vieva J. DeGraw, formerly of Gypsum, passed away peacefully Sunday, Sept. 2, after a courageous battle with cancer; she was 74 years old.
Vieva was born Dec. 1, 1943, to James and Jaunita (Bertroch) Caywood in Glenwood Springs. She was raised in the Eagle River Valley. Vieva married Claude DeGraw on Sept. 15, 1962. She leaves behind her husband of 56 years and children, Cindy (Rocky) Jarocki, of Trinadad; Lisa Hyde, of Monroe, North Carolina; Terry (Wayne) Fischer, of Eagle; Pete (Diana) Degraw, of Delta; nine grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren.
Vieva is also survived by two sisters, Betty Lou Payne, of Canyon City; Rozell Bobson, of Eagle; one brother, Joe Caywood, of Idaho, and many nieces, nephews and cousins. Vieva is predeceased by her parents, James and Jaunita Caywoood, and two brothers, Jimmy and Billy.
There will be a memorial, to celebrate her life, Saturday, Sept. 8, at the United Methodist Church in Eagle. In lieu of flowers, Vieva had asked that donations be made to St. Jude's in her memory, giftfunds.stjudes.org/vievadegraw.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Valley entrepreneur launches bikes into a new niche in the e-bike world
- Hardscrabble Ranch plan, and name change options, will be unveiled Wednesday night, Sept. 19
- Eagle County knows finding affordable housing solutions never gets easier
- Vail Valley boy suffers only minor injuries after colliding with food truck
- Tuesday, Sept. 18’s preps wraps: Vail Mountain, Battle Mountain and Eagle Valley volleyball as well as Devils soccer all win