Obituary: William L. Jones, 1933-2017
August 30, 2017
William "Bill" L. Jones, former chief judge for the 5th Judicial District, died Aug. 25. He was 84.
Jones was an active member of the Eagle community, serving as volunteer firefighter and board member with the Greater Eagle Department, and an avid outdoors enthusiast.
He is survived by Margaret, his wife of 53 years, and his children, Cynthia Jones, of Eagle, and Brad (Dominque) Jones, of Gypsum, two granddaughters and many nieces and nephews.
Per his direction, no memorial service is planned.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack