Obituary: William L. Jones, 1933-2017
August 30, 2017
William "Bill" L. Jones, former chief judge for the 5th Judicial District, died Aug. 25. He was 84.
Jones was an active member of the Eagle community, serving as volunteer firefighter and board member with the Greater Eagle Department, and an avid outdoors enthusiast.
He is survived by Margaret, his wife of 53 years, and his children, Cynthia Jones, of Eagle, and Brad (Dominque) Jones, of Gypsum, two granddaughters and many nieces and nephews.
Per his direction, no memorial service is planned.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza of aggravated incest
- Can a hashtag make driving Vail Pass more safe during the winter months?
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- Obermeyer’s throwback styles make a comeback for 2019