Obituary: Willie Barela, 84, of Minturn passed away Oct. 6
October 10, 2018
Willie Barela, 84, of Minturn passed away Saturday, Oct. 6.
Willie was born July 13, 1934, in La Petaca, New Mexico, to Serafin and Elizaida Barela. Willie is survived by his loving wife of 60 years and caregiver Emiliana Barela, children; Carl Barela (Angela Torrez), of Eagle, Elvira (Duane) Gustafson, of Gypsum, and Daphne (Mike) Helmer, of Eagle. Grandchildren; Stephen Barela (Bertha Rios), Alexandria Barela, of Eagle, Bryan Gustafson, Jared Gustafson, of Gypsum. Former daughter-in-law; Connie Medina. Siblings; Harvey (Edulia) Barela, of Gypsum, Serafin Barela, of Alcalde, New Mexico, and Feloniz (Salome) Roybal, of Santa Fe, New Mexico. Special sisters-in-law; Lora Montez and Bersabe Vigil, and numerous special nieces and nephews.
Services will be held Saturday, Oct. 13, at St. Patrick Parish in Minturn. Viewing is at 9:30 a.m., rosary at 10 a.m., Mass at 11 a.m. with burial to follow. Reception to follow at St. Patrick Spirit Center.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Russian spammers the likely source of fake email bomb threats, IT experts say
- Vail Resorts stock took epic tumble Friday
- Vail Resorts CEO Rob Katz gives $2 million in grants to support mental health programs
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats and Shakey Graves to headline Vail Snow Days