Obituary: Willie Barela, 84, of Minturn passed away Oct. 6
October 10, 2018
Willie Barela, 84, of Minturn passed away Saturday, Oct. 6.
Willie was born July 13, 1934, in La Petaca, New Mexico, to Serafin and Elizaida Barela. Willie is survived by his loving wife of 60 years and caregiver Emiliana Barela, children; Carl Barela (Angela Torrez), of Eagle, Elvira (Duane) Gustafson, of Gypsum, and Daphne (Mike) Helmer, of Eagle. Grandchildren; Stephen Barela (Bertha Rios), Alexandria Barela, of Eagle, Bryan Gustafson, Jared Gustafson, of Gypsum. Former daughter-in-law; Connie Medina. Siblings; Harvey (Edulia) Barela, of Gypsum, Serafin Barela, of Alcalde, New Mexico, and Feloniz (Salome) Roybal, of Santa Fe, New Mexico. Special sisters-in-law; Lora Montez and Bersabe Vigil, and numerous special nieces and nephews.
Services will be held Saturday, Oct. 13, at St. Patrick Parish in Minturn. Viewing is at 9:30 a.m., rosary at 10 a.m., Mass at 11 a.m. with burial to follow. Reception to follow at St. Patrick Spirit Center.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Warning issued for Edwards residents after 8-10 mountain lions seen roaming neighborhoods
- O. J. Simpson spotted in Vail, posing for selfies
- Storm could bring up to 14 inches of new snow to Vail and Beaver Creek
- WATCH: Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode
- Skier rushed from Beaver Creek, pronounced dead at 85