Vail Daily obituary: Jodie Rae Thatcher, 1956-2017
February 15, 2017
Jodie Rae Thatcher, age 60, died Feb. 11, 2017, after battling cancer for nearly six years.
She was born in Denver and was the daughter of the late Alvin Earnest Wilson and Muriel June Wilson. She married James Wallace Thatcher on Oct. 5, 1980, and they were happily married until his sudden death on Sept. 1, 2010.
She always enjoyed spending time with her kids John and Tom Thatcher, and her two grandkids Kevin and Tinslee, who meant the world to her. She was always a very family-oriented person as well as a very hard worker and had the kindest heart. She enjoyed the outdoors, crafts and loved all animals, especially her two dogs Pepper and Henry.
The family is going to have a memorial potluck at Sweetwater Community Center on Saturday at 2 p.m., where they will have pictures of Jodie and all the good times she had.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- “Kavanaugh, get used to it”: Breckenridge bartender gets stiffed — with a message
- Ski.com and Epic Pass are accepting applications for the dream ski job