Vail Daily obituary: Ann-Margret Eklund, April 16, 2017
May 26, 2017
Ann-Margret Eklund, 89, peacefully passed away on April 16, 2017. She is survived by her husband of 69 years, Rune Erik Eklund, Vasterhaninge, Sweden; and her son, Pelle (Chris) Eklund, Edwards; and Anna-Lena (Anders) Olson (Eklund), Musko, Sweden; grandchildren, nieces and nephews and one great-grandchild.
Ann-Margret has been coming to the Vail Valley to ski and hike since 1980, when her son Pelle was employed as a ski instructor with Vail Resorts and then continued with auto parts. She was an amazing woman.
Adventuresome, running orienteering, sailing the archipelago with her husband, cross-country skiing the northern Swedish mountains, working for Readers Digest and also a gardener in the large greenhouses that supplied all of Stockholm with fresh flowers.
At their home, she did it all; during winters, she made their own candles, Christmas ornaments in straw, handmade breads, crackers and pastries, hand-stitched the Swedish country costume, weaving curtains and cloths and rag rugs, knit sweaters, spun, dyed and boiled wool hats and slippers and made armbands with Swedish pewter. Her hands were never idle.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Two people, a dog injured after vehicle crashes through garage in Edwards
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy, Eagle Valley High School go 1-2 at state mountain biking championships