Vail Daily obituary: Beatrice ‘Tommie’ Campbell
July 2, 2015
Tommie Campbell, 85, of Miami and Beaver Creek, passed away March 26 in Miami.
Born April 24,1929, Tommie graduated Miami High School and earned a Bachelor's of Science degree from the University of Miami. She taught at Kenwood Elementary for three years and then embarked on a long and successful career in business. With her husband James Campbell, she built and managed a 50-acre campground in the Redlands until the 1970s, when she retired for a life of travel and leisure. She and James sailed the Caribbean during summers and skied the Rockies during winters until he passed away in 2006. Her remaining years were spent around the world on cruises.
Tommie is survived by her brother Howard Downs, three children (Jam-E, Dawn and Clay) and five grandchildren.
Beaver Creek was their Colorado home for many years, and the past few years, she escaped the Colorado winters on around-the-world cruises.
Please join us at the Beaver Creek Interfaith Chapel on Wednesday, July 15, at 2 p.m. to celebrate the life of Beatrice "Tommie" Campbell. There will be a short service and then we will gather at the Beaver Creek Club for refreshments.
In lieu of flowers, the family asks that donations please be made to the Episcopal Church of the Transfiguration, P.O. Box 1000, Vail, CO 81658.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Fire is burning north of Dotsero, near Sweetwater resort