Vail Daily obituary: Cinda Rau, 1953-2014
June 30, 2014
Cinda Rau, age 60, of Scottsdale, Arizona, passed away on Thursday at her home surrounded by family after a courageous battle with cancer.
She was born Oct. 31, 1953, in Tiffin, Ohio, and was raised in Berwick, Ohio. She and her husband lived in Eagle for many years.
She was a police officer with the Vail Police Department before moving to Scottsdale in 2001. After moving to Scottsdale she worked with the Maricopa County Assessor's Office, where she made many new friends.
She is survived by her loving husband, Duane, and sons Steven, David and Christopher. She is also survived by her beloved siblings Bob, Bart and Linda. She will be missed by her family and many others that she touched with her infectious smile and kindness.
She enjoyed knitting, movies and coffee. She also loved animals.
A memorial service will be held at 10 a.m. today at Shepherd of the Desert, 9590 E. Shea Blvd., in Scottsdale.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza guilty of aggravated incest
- Can a hashtag make driving Vail Pass more safe during the winter months?
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- Obermeyer’s throwback styles make a comeback for 2019