Vail Daily obituary: Eagle resident Katie Mariah Ciliberto died July 6
August 3, 2017
Katie Mariah Ciliberto, 41, passed away suddenly on July 6, 2017, at her home in Avon. Katie was born on Dec. 2, 1975, in Quincy, Massachusetts. As a teen she moved to Plymouth, Massachusetts, where she graduated from Plymouth South High School. In 2005, Katie and her son Michael ventured west and settled into life in Eagle.
Katie harbored an incredible work ethic, she was a loyal Boston Red Sox fan, enjoyed spending time floating on the Colorado rivers, cared for her dog "Lillz" like her second child, loved attending music concerts and was maybe the greatest Dave Matthews fan of our time. Katie leaves behind her loving son, Michael Joseph Suarez, granddaughter Madilyn Juno Suarez and many other extended family members. Katie was preceded in death by her longtime boyfriend James Herman, her brother Brendan Ciliberto and parents Patricia and Michael Ciliberto. Katie's smile and infectious laughter will forever be embedded in the hearts of those who love her.
A celebration of life will be held on Sept. 9 at the John Alden Club in Plymouth, Massachusetts, from noon to 3 p.m. and on Sept. 29 at 499 Mesa Drive in Eagle from 6 to 8 p.m.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- I-70 standoff suspect allegedly stabbed ‘good Samaritan’
- Vail Pass Rest Area death ruled a suicide
- Does cannabis cost, or pay? CCU study claims marijuana costs $4.50 for every $1 it generates
- Vail Resorts has sold about 925,000 passes of all kinds for this ski season