Vail Daily obituary: Earlene Ellen McGinnis, 1940-2017
February 16, 2017
Earlene Ellen McGinnis, born July 22, 1940, passed away peacefully Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2017, at her home in Eagle. Earlene was a longtime local of the Eagle community and spent the majority of her working life in banking at The First Bank of Eagle County, now known as Wells Fargo. In her retirement Earlene enjoyed spending time with her family, gardening and working in her yard as well as traveling many miles to watch any one of her four grandchildren play sports. However, one of her greatest passions was being on the back of a horse working cows or just taking a drive through the field to check on them with Bryon.
Earlene is survived by her three children Bryon (Janet) McGinnis of Eagle, Marta Ellsworth of Eagle and Patti (Bob) Roth of Eagle as well as four grandchildren and one great-grandson. Sisters Carol Moore, Evelyn (John) Mullen and Sharon (Frank) Wendt and many nieces and nephews. She is preceded in death by her parents Earl and Viola Boore and her brother Alfred Boore.
Services and reception will be held at the Brush Creek Pavilion on Monday at 11 a.m. Condolences may be sent to Earlene's family at P.O. Box 1082 Eagle, CO, 81631.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza of aggravated incest
- Can a hashtag make driving Vail Pass more safe during the winter months?
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- Obermeyer’s throwback styles make a comeback for 2019