Vail Daily obituary: James Hockett Stephens
February 3, 2016
James Hockett Stephens died on Saturday. Survived by his wife, Jean Gates Stephens; daughters, Cindy Webb, Deborah Burford and Lynn Laramore; brother, William A. Stephens; grandchildren, Jacob, Christopher and Travis Webb, Kane and Austin and Taylor, Laramore, James and Leslie Burford; and seven great-grandchildren.
Memorial service to take place at 4 p.m. on Friday at First Presbyterian Church, 3940 1/2 Road, Grand Junction. Send memorials to Hope West Hospice in Grand Junction and condolences to http://www.brown scremationservice.com.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Fire is burning north of Dotsero, near Sweetwater resort