Vail Daily obituary: James Hungerford
July 8, 2016
James "Jimmy" Hungerford died suddenly at University of Colorado Hospital in Aurora after fighting a long and hard battle with cancer.
Jimmy lived in the Vail Valley for 30 years, having moved there from Connecticut. He enjoyed all the mountains had to offer — skiing and snowshoeing in the winter, hiking, biking, boating and camping during the summer.
He and Cheryl spent many offseasons, springs and falls, exploring the great Southwest. They loved to escape to the desert to explore the natural wonders and the ancient Native American culture that the area offers.
He will be greatly missed by a wide circle of family and friends.
A celebration of his life will be held in the early fall.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed