Vail Daily obituary: James Hungerford
July 8, 2016
James "Jimmy" Hungerford died suddenly at University of Colorado Hospital in Aurora after fighting a long and hard battle with cancer.
Jimmy lived in the Vail Valley for 30 years, having moved there from Connecticut. He enjoyed all the mountains had to offer — skiing and snowshoeing in the winter, hiking, biking, boating and camping during the summer.
He and Cheryl spent many offseasons, springs and falls, exploring the great Southwest. They loved to escape to the desert to explore the natural wonders and the ancient Native American culture that the area offers.
He will be greatly missed by a wide circle of family and friends.
A celebration of his life will be held in the early fall.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Edwards man comes face to face with mountain lion Tuesday night
- Vail Resorts shakeup: Beth Howard to replace Doug Lovell as Vail Mountain COO
- Arapahoe Basin cuts ties with Vail Resorts, unlikely to join Ikon Pass
- Skier rushed from Beaver Creek, pronounced dead at 85
- Skier killed in avalanche near Telluride