Vail Daily obituary: James Hungerford
July 8, 2016
James "Jimmy" Hungerford died suddenly at University of Colorado Hospital in Aurora after fighting a long and hard battle with cancer.
Jimmy lived in the Vail Valley for 30 years, having moved there from Connecticut. He enjoyed all the mountains had to offer — skiing and snowshoeing in the winter, hiking, biking, boating and camping during the summer.
He and Cheryl spent many offseasons, springs and falls, exploring the great Southwest. They loved to escape to the desert to explore the natural wonders and the ancient Native American culture that the area offers.
He will be greatly missed by a wide circle of family and friends.
A celebration of his life will be held in the early fall.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- I-70 standoff suspect allegedly stabbed ‘good Samaritan’
- Does cannabis cost, or pay? CCU study claims marijuana costs $4.50 for every $1 it generates
- Winter Park Resort named best ski resort in North America by USA Today
- Obermeyer’s throwback styles make a comeback for 2019