Vail Daily obituary: James ‘Jim’ Feldhaus, 1951-2016
June 28, 2016
James "Jim" Feldhaus, 64, passed away on Wednesday, June 22, 2016.
He was born June 29, 1951, to Thomas and Jean Feldhaus in Cincinnati. After graduating from DeSales High School in 1969, he married Deborah Solomon in Columbus, Ohio, on Aug. 19, 1972. As a proud alumnus of Ohio State University, Jim's passion for OSU athletics, especially his beloved football team, only grew stronger throughout his life.
Jim's dedication to his career in the hospitality industry led him and his family to the mountains of Colorado, where he enjoyed skiing Vail and Beaver Creek.
Survivors include his wife, Debbie; his son, Bradley Feldhaus (Keira Bresnahan), of Grand Junction; daughter, Stephanie Taylor (Eric), of Aspen; three grandchildren, Ford and Blake Feldhaus and Burke Taylor; four sisters, Nancy Phillips, of New Albany, Ohio, Laurie Tuttle, of Columbus, Ohio, Debbie Laws, of Chesapeake, Virginia, and Peggy Bottorf, of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; step-mother Cherrie Feldhaus of Westerville, Ohio; and many nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents and his grandparents.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Whistle Pig Vail: Everything you need to know about the new summer concert series coming to Vail
- Soft cuffs and Gorilla tape were ‘consensual’ for San Diego man accused of attempted murder
- Chris Del Bosco crashes hard in Olympic ski cross event
- Eagle County’s ECO Transit bus system could see significant changes by next winter
- Spring Back to Vail returns starting March 31; SOJA musical headliner