Vail Daily obituary: Jim Watson, 1938-2013
June 7, 2013
James "Jim" Watson, 74, of Medford, Ore., died Tuesday. He was born Dec. 16, 1938 in Gilman to Ed and May Watson.
Jim spent the first part of life in Eagle and joined the Navy in 1955.
The majority of his adult life he was a rancher and enjoyed family time, fishing and hunting.
Jim was a member of the Southern Oregon Moose Lodge 2647 and a lifetime member of the VFW.
He is survived by his wife, Viola Watson; sons Jim Watson and Ed Watson; daughters Clara Watson, Bonnie Hall and Mary Rose Phillips; brothers Butch Watson; sisters Betty Wold and Edna Watson; 14 grandchildren; and 28 great-grandchildren.
Interment will be in Eagle Point National Cemetery.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire