Vail Daily obituary: Joanne C. Hastings, 1945-2012
September 7, 2012
Joanne C. Hastings, 66, of McCoy, died Aug. 4.
Joanne was born Oct. 27, 1945, in Denver to Hubert and Margaret (Rowan) Cosby and lived her entire life in Colorado in Aurora, McCoy and Cedaredge.
She enjoyed life, her work, Colorado’s mountains, open spaces and her pets, especially her cat, Blaze. She inspired those around her with her strong and positive attitude. She worked as a teacher and social worker in numerous locations around Colorado.
Mrs. Hastings is survived by many friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Merrill G. Hastings; and her brother, Fletcher Cosby.
A celebration of life will be announced at a later date. Memorial contributions may be made to the Denver Dumb Friends League.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect
- Fire is burning north of Dotsero, near Sweetwater resort
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Hahnewald barn’s proposed first move would cost $390K, take up 12 parking spaces in downtown Avon