Vail Daily obituary: Joanne C. Hastings, 1945-2012
September 7, 2012
Joanne C. Hastings, 66, of McCoy, died Aug. 4.
Joanne was born Oct. 27, 1945, in Denver to Hubert and Margaret (Rowan) Cosby and lived her entire life in Colorado in Aurora, McCoy and Cedaredge.
She enjoyed life, her work, Colorado’s mountains, open spaces and her pets, especially her cat, Blaze. She inspired those around her with her strong and positive attitude. She worked as a teacher and social worker in numerous locations around Colorado.
Mrs. Hastings is survived by many friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Merrill G. Hastings; and her brother, Fletcher Cosby.
A celebration of life will be announced at a later date. Memorial contributions may be made to the Denver Dumb Friends League.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Warning issued for Edwards residents after 8-10 mountain lions seen roaming neighborhoods
- Edwards man comes face to face with mountain lion Tuesday night
- O. J. Simpson spotted in Vail, posing for selfies
- Storm could bring up to 14 inches of new snow to Vail and Beaver Creek
- WATCH: Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode