Vail Daily obituary: Mac Kelsall, 1997-2016
July 28, 2016
Mac Kelsall, of Avon, March 19, 1997-July 24, 2016.
Dearly loved Mac Kelsall died at the young age of 19. He was camping with a best friend in the Upper Gore Canyon near Kremmling, where he fell off a cliff into the Colorado River.
Mac was a gifted athlete, amazing brother and a kind friend to all. He played lacrosse at Battle Mountain High School and was a talented kayaker, telemark skier and rock climber.
Mac's family and community want to thank the extraordinary efforts of the Grand County Sheriff's Office, Grand County Search and Rescue, Vail Mountain Rescue Group, Lunch Lady Kayak Team, Summit County Search and Rescue, Summit County Water Rescue, Private Search Dogs, Colorado Parks and Wildlife and Flight for Life Colorado.
On Tuesday, July 26, several members of the search team escorted parents, Jill, Matt and brother, Owen, along with many family members, to visit the campsite.
The genuine outpouring of love and support is cherished. Donations to the above organizations would be welcomed.
A celebration of Mac's life will be in the future.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- “Kavanaugh, get used to it”: Breckenridge bartender gets stiffed — with a message
- Ski.com and Epic Pass are accepting applications for the dream ski job