Vail Daily obituary: Marjorie Chandler, July 25, 1926, to March 21, 2017
May 23, 2017
Marjorie Chandler died at home with her family by her side on March 21, 2017, from complications of osteoporosis. She was born at the Sample family ranch on East Elk Creek near New Castle. She married George Chandler in 1952 and shared 59 years with him before his death in 2011.
Marge and George raised their family in Eagle. She was a loving and adventurous mother and a medical pioneer. Marge moved back to Eagle in 2012, where she enjoyed activities with friends old and new.
Marge is survived by her daughters, Susan (Alan), Kathy (George) and Elizabeth; seven grandchildren, four great-grandchildren and numerous nieces and nephews.
A memorial service is planned for Saturday at 11 a.m. at the family ranch, 3905 County Road 241 in New Castle. All are welcome and are invited to join the family after the memorial for lunch.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- “Kavanaugh, get used to it”: Breckenridge bartender gets stiffed — with a message
- Ski.com and Epic Pass are accepting applications for the dream ski job