Vail Daily obituary: Martha Veronica ‘Betty’ Garcia, 1938-2014
June 3, 2014
Martha Veronica "Betty" Garcia, April 3, 1938-June 1, 2014.
Martha Veronica "Betty" Garcia passed away Sunday. Betty was born April 3, 1938, in Durango. Betty loved to cook and share her food with others. She was loved by many.
Betty is survived by her husband of 57 years, Fred, of Rifle; son Lonnie Garcia, of Portland; daughters Linda (Ray) Avila, of Gypsum, and Lori (Chris) Darrington, of Parker; four grandchildren; and three great grandchildren.
Betty was preceded in death by two children; her parents; three sisters and four brothers.
Services will be held Thursday at 10 a.m. at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Rifle.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect