Vail Daily obituary: Martha Veronica ‘Betty’ Garcia, 1938-2014
June 3, 2014
Martha Veronica "Betty" Garcia, April 3, 1938-June 1, 2014.
Martha Veronica "Betty" Garcia passed away Sunday. Betty was born April 3, 1938, in Durango. Betty loved to cook and share her food with others. She was loved by many.
Betty is survived by her husband of 57 years, Fred, of Rifle; son Lonnie Garcia, of Portland; daughters Linda (Ray) Avila, of Gypsum, and Lori (Chris) Darrington, of Parker; four grandchildren; and three great grandchildren.
Betty was preceded in death by two children; her parents; three sisters and four brothers.
Services will be held Thursday at 10 a.m. at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Rifle.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Russian spammers the likely source of fake email bomb threats, IT experts say
- Vail Resorts stock took epic tumble Friday
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza guilty of aggravated incest
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)