Vail Daily obituary: Michelle Caldwell, 1966-2016
July 16, 2016
Michelle Lynn Caldwell, 50, passed away July 11, 2016 at Rose Medical Center in Denver surrounded by family and friends.
Michelle was born in Inglewood, California, on Jan. 3, 1966. She attended Thunderbird High School in Phoenix and graduated from Arizona State University with a degree in economics. She was employed by IBM for the past 10 years. Michelle traveled the globe and recently had gone on a safari to Africa that she especially enjoyed. In the winter, Michelle could be found on the slopes in and around Vail and on Sundays attending or watching a Denver Broncos football game. Michelle also enjoyed golfing and fishing near her home in Edwards and spending time with friends near the ocean in Santa Barbara, California.
Michelle loved many things but most of all, she was a lover of life and faced her challenges with bravery, beauty and grace.
Michelle leaves behind her beloved pets, her life partner, Judy La Spada, her brother, Darren (Renee), her parents, Richard and Sandra, and her longtime best friend Val Simpson. Michelle also leaves behind a large circle of friends that will miss her beautiful smile and her kind soul.
Funeral Mass for Michelle will be held in Denver at Good Shepherd Catholic Church on Friday at 11 a.m. Please share your condolences by signing the guestbook at HoranCares.com.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed