Vail Daily obituary: Miles Darius Firkins, 1931-2013
December 1, 2013
Miles Darius Firkins, 82, went home to be with our Father on Nov. 25.
Born Oct. 24, 1931, in Indianapolis, Ind., he was a loving husband, father, brother and Papaw. He served in the U.S. Army as an A.C. gunner. He worked at the Indianapolis Star while attending IUPUI drafting school. For more than 20 years, he ran Firkins Brothers Construction with his brother. He was an avid outdoorsman.
He is survived by the love of his life, Dolores R (Dickey), of 61 years; five kids, Miles Jr. (Karen), Terry, Nat (Susan), Valerie Gordon (Scott), Kelly Lannan (John);13 grandchildren; four great-grandkids, brother Phil; and sisters Sandy and Lorinda.
A memorial was held Saturday at Holiday Shores, Largo, Fla.
He was preceded in death by his parents,Vivian (Webb) and Archie Firkins; and three brothers.
He is dearly remembered as a gentle, kind man and the best dad ever!
Knowing that he is resting with the Lord brings peace to us all. Matthew 5:5 states: "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."
Trending In: Obituaries
- Two people, a dog injured after vehicle crashes through garage in Edwards
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Pitkin County Courthouse ICE arrest likely a first