Vail Daily obituary: Perry Allen Kleist, 1945-2016
February 29, 2016
Perry Allen Kleist was born in New Prague, Minnesota, on Oct. 1, 1945. He graduated from Mankato High School in 1963. He served in the U.S. Army from November 1965 to October 1967, when he was honorably discharged. He spent 20 years in the construction business, 19 years at a printing company and enjoyed the past nine years working for the Cordillera Metro District.
He met the love of his life, JoAnn Scheierl, in 1978, and they married in Mankato, Minnesota, in 1980. They have one son, Nickolaus.
Perry was passionate about fishing, hunting, wildlife photography and the great outdoors. It was these hobbies that led to Perry and JoAnn's move to Colorado in 2007.
Perry is survived by his wife, JoAnn; his son, Nickolaus; his brother, Randy; and many nieces and nephews.
His celebration of life will be held at 4 p.m. Wednesday at Mitchell Pavilion at the Cordillera Bearcat Stables on Squaw Creek Road.
In lieu of flowers, please make donations to a local charity of your choice.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Aspen-area men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte on Saturday
- Vail’s Mikaela Shiffrin four-peats in worlds slalom
- 4 Colorado State Patrol troopers hit in 4 days
- Lost skier at Steamboat Resort finds cellphone in lift shack to call for help
- Vail Resorts partnership with Arapahoe Basin will end after 2018-19 season