Vail Daily obituary: William Edward Leake Jr., 1967-2017
February 21, 2017
William "Billy" Leake Jr., 49, of Eagle-Vail, passed away due to complications of cardiac arrest on Feb. 7, 2017.
Billy was a lifelong resident of the Vail Valley and a 1986 graduate of Battle Mountain High School. An avid outdoorsman, he enjoyed hunting, fishing, camping, skiing and working on old cars and trucks. He never met a Colorado professional sports team he didn't like, from Rocky Hockey to the Nuggets. He had a particular love for the Broncos and spent most Sundays draped in blue and orange helping the coaching staff from his remote vantage point on the couch.
He was preceded in death by his father, Bill Sr. He is survived by his son, Nicolas, daughter, Kayla, mother, Karen, and sisters Kate and Laura (Seidl).
Trending In: Obituaries
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail
- Full Vail Snow Days lineup announced