Vail Daily obituary: William Edward Leake Jr., 1967-2017
February 21, 2017
William "Billy" Leake Jr., 49, of Eagle-Vail, passed away due to complications of cardiac arrest on Feb. 7, 2017.
Billy was a lifelong resident of the Vail Valley and a 1986 graduate of Battle Mountain High School. An avid outdoorsman, he enjoyed hunting, fishing, camping, skiing and working on old cars and trucks. He never met a Colorado professional sports team he didn't like, from Rocky Hockey to the Nuggets. He had a particular love for the Broncos and spent most Sundays draped in blue and orange helping the coaching staff from his remote vantage point on the couch.
He was preceded in death by his father, Bill Sr. He is survived by his son, Nicolas, daughter, Kayla, mother, Karen, and sisters Kate and Laura (Seidl).
Trending In: Obituaries
- Skier dies after crash at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Vail Pass upgrades will have to balance needs of motorists, cyclists, wildlife