Official vote total confirms Eagle County election results
EAGLE COUNTY — The Eagle County Clerk and Recorder’s Office recently released the official election results for the Nov. 6 election. Those totals confirmed election-night winners and losers.
Overall, fewer than half of the county’s “active” voters cast ballots, 12,525 out of a total of 27,609.
There were two statewide questions — Amendment 66, a proposed income-tax hike for education and Proposition AA, which taxes wholesale and retail marijuana sales. The school tax was defeated by a roughly 2-to-1 margin statewide. That vote was closer in Eagle County, but not by much. There were 7,283 “no” votes, with 4,880 voting to approve the tax hike. The marijuana tax passed, both statewide and in Eagle County, by roughly a 2-to-1 margin.
Here’s a look at the local questions and the official vote totals:
• Town of Avon ballot issue 2A, extension of a property-tax levy: Failed, 440-404.
• Town of Eagle ballot issue 2E, approval of retail marijuana sales in town: Passed, 1,045-909.
• Town of Eagle ballot question 2F, a “fee” on retail marijuana sales: Passed, 1,302-648.
• Town of Red Cliff ballot issue 2G, a tax on retail marijuana sales: Passed, 53-27.
• Town of Red Cliff ballot issue 2H, an increase in the town’s property tax rate: Failed, 46-36.
• Gypsum Fire Protection District referendum 4A, an increase in the property tax rate: Failed, 865-769.