Offseason dining deals, part 1: Vail Village, Lionshead Village, elsewhere in Vail
Did we miss you?
Did we miss your dining special or restaurant closure? Email arts and entertainment editor Krista Driscoll at email@example.com to have your information added to the online version of this article.
Editor’s note: This is the first part of a two-part series on dining deals and restaurant closures for the mud season in Eagle County. Check out Friday’s High Life section for information on restaurants in Avon, Beaver Creek, Eagle, Eagle-Vail, Edwards, Gypsum, Minturn and Wolcott.
Specials and closures are subject to change, and additional restrictions may apply. Inclusion in this article is not a guarantee of any dining deal, and many restaurants not listed here may be closed for the mud season or have limited hours. Contact individual restaurants for more information.
Vail (Vail Village)
• Bol at Solaris (141 E. Meadow Drive, No. 113, 970-476-5300) is closed for maintenance, reopening Tuesday, May 3.
• Bully Ranch at the Sonnenalp Hotel (20 Vail Road, 970-476-5656) is open from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily through mud season, offering 20 percent off the entire bill all day, every day, with the exception of happy hour and other daily specials. Happy hour runs from 3 to 6 p.m. and 9 to 11 p.m. daily and all day Tuesday. Other daily specials include Mudslide Mondays, with $4.50 mudslides all day; Wednesday lunch buffet for $16.99; $25 prime rib on Saturdays; and $19 7X short rib on Sunday.
• Campo de Fiori (100 E. Meadow Drive, No. 24, 970-476-8994) is closed for the shoulder season, reopening Friday, May 27, at 5:30 p.m.
• Cucina Rustica in The Lodge at Vail (174 Gore Creek Drive, 970-754-7872) is open for breakfast from 7 to 11 a.m. through the shoulder season and will reopen for dinner in June.
• Elway’s Vail in The Lodge at Vail (174 Gore Creek Drive, 970-754-7818) will be offering a prix fixe menu now through mid-summer, with menu price points at $41, $51 and $61, based on selection. The restaurant is closed Tuesday, April 26, and Wednesday, April 27.
• Flame in the Four Seasons Vail (1 Vail Road, 970-477-8650) is open for dinner on Fridays and Saturdays only, from 6 to 9:30 p.m., through Tuesday, May 31. The restaurant is offering a dinner for two special through Sunday, June 12. Select an appetizer to share, two entrees and choice of a family-style side for $81.50.
• La Bottega (100 E. Meadow Drive, No. 37, 970-476-0280) is closed for mud season, reopening Saturday, May 21.
• La Tour Restaurant (122 E. Meadow Drive, 970-476-4403) welcomes the offseason with all dinner entrees priced at $22 or a two-course lunch, including one small plate and one lunch entree, for $22. Lunch is 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., happy hour 3 to 5 p.m. and dinner from 3 to 10 p.m.
• Lancelot Restaurant (201 Gore Creek Drive, 970-476-5828) is closed for the offseason, reopening Friday, May 27, for Memorial Day weekend.
• The Left Bank Restaurant (183 Gore Creek Drive, No. 4, 970-476-3696) has an end-of-season special, with appetizers $7 to $12 and main courses $18 to $25, open Monday through Saturday for dinner.
• Leonora at The Sebastian Hotel (16 Vail Road, 970-477-8050) is closed through the shoulder season. Call for more information about when the restaurant will reopen.
• Matsuhisa Vail (141 E. Meadow Drive, 970-476-6628) has a whole slew of deals for the shoulder season, including five-course omakase ($42), Nobu beef taco ($5), miso cod lettuce cups with crispy phyllo ($5), yellowtail jalapeno ($15), Colorado lamb chops ($14), new-style salmon, whitefish or beef ($15), salmon dinner ($19) and bento box with miso soup ($25). The restaurant is open seven days a week at 5 p.m., and the aforementioned specials will run at least until June 1.
• Mountain Standard (193 Gore Creek Drive, 970-476-0123) is closed for the shoulder season, reopening Wednesday, May 4.
• Osaki’s Sushi & Japanese (100 E. Meadow Drive, 970-476-0977) is closed for mud season, reopening Friday, May 27.
• Pazzo’s Pizzeria (122 E. Meadow Drive, No. 9, 970-476-9026) in Vail will be closed from Sunday through Thursday, May 12, reopening Friday, May 13. Once the restaurant opens back up, look for The Coupon in the Vail Daily: $13.50 for a large, three topping pizza, good at all three Pazzo’s locations.
• Pepi’s Bar and Restaurant (231 Gore Creek Drive, 970-476-4671) is closed for the offseason, reopening Friday, May 27, with lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. and dinner from 5:30 to 10 p.m.
• Throughout mud season, Root & Flower (225 Wall St., No. 103A, 970-763-5101) will be serving $6 wine, $4 beer and $8 cocktail specials; $10 paninis; and $25 wine-tasting classes on Sundays and Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m.
• Russell’s (228 Bridge St., 970-476-6700) is closed for the offseason, reopening Friday, June 10.
• Sushi Oka (100 E. Meadow Drive, 970-476-1588) is closed for the shoulder season, reopening Wednesday, May 25.
• Sweet Basil (193 Gore Creek Drive, No. 201, 970-476-0125) has a handful of specials on its spring menu, including $10 appetizers and $15 entrees for lunch, and two tiers of appetizers, $10 and $15, for dinner service, as well as $25 dinner entrees. The restaurant will close on Wednesday, May 4, reopening Friday, May 20.
• Swiss Chalet at the Sonnenalp Hotel (20 Vail Road, 970-476-5656) is closed for mud season, reopening Wednesday, May 18.
• Terra Bistro (352 E. Meadow Drive, 970-476-6836) is currently closed for dinner service, reopening Friday, May 6.
• The Fitz Bar & Restaurant at Manor Vail Lodge (595 Vail Valley Drive, 970-476-5000) will be closed through Friday, May 27.
• The Red Lion (304 Bridge St., Unit 1, Vail Village, 970-476-7676) is closed for mud season, reopening Friday, May 27.
• The Remedy Bar in the Four Seasons Resort Vail (1 Vail Road, 970-477-8600) is open from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. every day through mud season, offering daily specials: $6 well cocktails on Mondays; $10 Remedy Burger on Tuesdays; 50 percent off wine by the bottle from the Remedy wine list on Wednesdays; $15 all-you-can-eat wings on Thursdays; $15 Colorado whiskey flight, with Tin Cup, Stranahans and Breckenridge, on Fridays; $25 sparkling wine flight, with Mumm, Veuve and Veuve Rose, on Saturdays; and 50 percent off bloody marys and mimosas on Sundays.
• The Sonnenalp Hotel (20 Vail Road, 970-476-5656) is open daily from 7 to 11 a.m., 7 to noon on Sundays, featuring a full breakfast buffet for $21. Kings Club is currently closed, reopening Monday, April 25, with service from 4 to 11 p.m., seven days a week, and Ludwig’s is closed through the fall, reopening in November.
• Up the Creek Bar & Grill (223 Gore Creek Drive, No. 103, 970-476-8141) is currently closed, reopening Saturday, May 7, for lunch and dinner.
• Vintage (12 Vail Road, 970-479-0175) reopens for brunch at 9 a.m. and also resumes dinner service on Thursday.
• White Buffalo Lounge (223 Gore Creek Drive, 970-763-5470) has happy hour from 2 to 5 p.m. daily, with $4 draft beer, $7 well drinks and wine bottle specials.
Vail (Lionshead Village)
• Annapurna Nepali & Indian Cuisine in the Evergreen Lodge (250 South Frontage Road W., 970-476-7812) is currently open but will close Monday, reopening Friday, May 6.
• Montauk Seafood Grill (549 E. Lionshead Circle, 970-476-2601) is giving patrons 25 percent off all food and drink for the shoulder season. Hours are 6 to 9 p.m., reservations recommended, and the restaurant is closed on Sundays.
• Tavern on the Square (675 Lionshead Place, 970-754-7704) is closed for renovations, reopening Friday, June 24.
• Atwater on Gore Creek, along with the entire Vail Cascade (1300 Westhaven Drive, 970-479-7014), will be closed for renovations until Thursday, Dec. 1.
• Blu’s Restaurant (4695 Vail Racquet Club Drive, 970-476-3113) is closed for mud season, reopening in late May or early June. Call and leave a message or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Casa Mexico (2211 North Frontage Road W., 970-479-9000) is serving up happy hour all day, every day for the shoulder season, with additional lunch and dinner specials daily.
• May Palace (2109 North Frontage Road W., Unit A, 970-476-1657) is featuring 30 percent off your entire dinner bill through the end of April, excluding duck items. You must mention the discount before ordering, dine-in only, and gratuity will be added before the discount. Cannot be combined with other discounts.
• Nozawa Sushi & Asian Kitchen (2211 North Frontage Road W., 970-476-9355) brings back 50 percent off all sushi rolls and dinner entrees, dine-in only, as well as lunch bento with main entree, California roll tempura, soup and rice until 4 p.m. daily and happy hour from 4 to 6 p.m., with discounted hot sake and beer.
• From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. every day during the shoulder season, Old Forge Pizza Co. (2161 North Frontage Road W., 970-476-5555) will have a buy one slice of pepperoni pizza, get one free special, and on Thursdays, all day, or get an order of eight buffalo wings for $2.99.
• Vail Ale House (2161 North Frontage Road W., 970-476-4314) is closing Monday, April 25, for the shoulder season, reopening Wednesday, May 18, at 11:30 a.m.
• Westside Cafe & Market (2211 North Frontage Road W., 970-476-7890) hosts happy hour Thursday through Sunday from 4 to 6 p.m., with half off appetizers and drinks, as well as nightly dinner specials, also Thursday through Sunday.