Offseason dining deals, part 2: Minturn, Eagle and everywhere between
Did we miss you?
Did we miss your dining special or restaurant closure? Email arts and entertainment editor Krista Driscoll at email@example.com to have your information added to the online version of this article.
Trail Jam deals
Town of Eagle Open Space Trails are open for the season, and Eagle businesses are celebrating with $20.16 Trail Jam deals through Saturday, April 30. Find a complete list of food, drink, retail and lodging specials at eagleoutside.com/trail-jam.
EAGLE COUNTY — Mud season means deals season througout the valley and here are a few of the specials currently available.
Specials and closures are subject to change, and additional restrictions may apply. Inclusion in this article is not a guarantee of any dining deal, and many restaurants not listed here may be closed for the mud season or have limited hours. Contact individual restaurants for more information.
• Agave (1060 W. Beaver Creek Blvd., 970-748-8666) is serving $1.50 crispy tacos from 5 to 10 p.m. on Tuesday nights, $1 pastor tacos on Saturdays from 1 to 5 p.m., and every day from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., the restaurant will feature a different $5.95 lunch special.
• Benderz Burgers, located inside Northside Coffee & Kitchen (20 Nottingham Road, 970-949-1423), is serving up a 1⁄3-pound fresh Angus beef burger with fries and a soda for $8.95.
Support Local Journalism
• Boxcar Restaurant (182 Avon Road, 970-470-4121) closed Sunday, April 10, and will reopen for regular business hours — 4 p.m. to close Tuesday through Saturday — on Wednesday.
• China Garden (100 W. Beaver Creek Blvd., 970-949-4986) is offering two daily happy hours, from 3 to 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. to midnight, with $2 beers, $2 sakes and $1 appetizers. Find China Garden on Facebook for additional rotating delivery specials.
• Fiesta Jalisco (240 Chapel Place, No. 129, 970-845-8088) has all-natural margaritas for $9.95 every day and $7.25 lunch specials Monday through Friday, which include a soft drink. Find the restaurant’s coupon in the Vail Daily for 20 percent off the total bill all day, every day, through Saturday, April 30. Must present coupon; not valid with other offers.
• Through the shoulder season at Gondola Pizza (240 Chapel Place, No. 113, 970-845-6000), get a large, two-topping pizza for $9.99, all day, dine in or carry out. The restaurant is also continuing its all-you-can-eat lunch buffet for $9.99, Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Green Elephant Juicery (150 E. Beaver Creek Blvd., 970-470-4042) location in Avon and the drive-through in West Vail are open through the mud season. The Lionshead Village location is closed until the first week in June.
• Loaded Joe’s (82 E. Beaver Creek Blvd., No. 104, 970-748-1480) serves up happy hour daily, with $3 cans and drafts, $4 well drinks and $5 wines.
• Maya Modern Mexican Kitchen & Tequileria in The Westin Riverfront Resort (126 Riverfront Lane, 970-790-5051) is open for dinner daily from 5 to 9 p.m., with Sunday brunch from 7 a.m. to noon. The restaurant is offering Two Dine for $49 for dinner, which includes one appetizer, two entrees and one dessert for $49 for two people. On Sundays, buy one brunch and get the second for 50 percent off (brunch is $24.50 for adults and $10 for children ages 5 to 12; kids younger than 5 eat for free. Both offers are good through Saturday, June 18.
• Montana’s Smokehouse (82 E. Beaver Creek Blvd., 970-949-7019) is open daily from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. for breakfast, lunch and dinner during the shoulder season. Specials include happy hour pricing from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., with $3 drafts, $4 wells and $5 wines or get any draft and a pulled-pork or pulled-chicken sandwich and two regular sides any time of day for $10.
• Pazzo’s Pizzeria (82 E. Beaver Creek Blvd., 970-949-9900) in Avon will close for a week sometime after the end of April, although the specific dates have not yet been determined. Once the restaurant opens back up, look for the coupon in the Vail Daily: $13.50 for a large, three topping pizza, good at all three Pazzo’s locations.
• The Blue Plate (48 E. Beaver Creek Blvd., 970-845-2252) is closed for the offseason until Thursday, May 19.
• Vin48 (48 E. Beaver Creek Blvd., 970-748-9463) is serving up $18 large plates, in addition to the restaurant’s daily happy hour from 5 to 6:30 p.m., through approximately Memorial Day weekend.
• 8100 Mountainside Bar & Grill in the Park Hyatt (50 W. Thomas Place, 970-827-6600) is serving up two different specials for $20 each — a burger and beer or salad and glass of wine — plus half off its happy hour menu, bringing prices to $5 to $12 per item. The restaurant will be closed Wednesday, May 4, and Thursday, May 5, for some quick renovations.
• Beaver Creek Chophouse (15 W. Thomas Place, 970-845-0555) is closed for mud season, reopening Friday, May 27.
• Black Diamond Bistro in the Charter Hotel (120 Offerson Road, 970-845-3198) is closed for mud season, reopening Thursday, May 26.
• Blue Moose Pizza (76 Avondale Lane, 970-845-8666) is closed for the mud season, reopening Friday, May 27, at 3 p.m.
• The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch (130 Daybreak Ridge Road, 970-748-6200), including resort restaurants Buffalo’s, Bachelors Lounge, Daniel’s Bar & Grill and Espresso Chair 16, is closed through Thursday, May 5.
• Golden Eagle Inn (118 Beaver Creek Plaza, 970-949-1940) is closed for mud season, reopening Friday, May 20, for dinner.
• Grouse Mountain Grill in the Pines Lodge (141 Scott Hill Road, 970-949-0600) is open seven nights a week, running a Spring 3 Course special, with selections from the chef’s spring tasting menu, for $39.
• Kiwi International Delight and Coffee (142 Beaver Creek Plaza, 970-949-4777) will remain open throughout the mud season, with daily lunch specials, as well as any size coffee for $1.50 from 8 to 10 a.m. daily and two scoops of ice cream for the price of one on Wednesdays for happy hour from 3 to 6 p.m.
• Mirabelle (55 Village Road, 970-949-7728) is closed for mud season, reopening Thursday, May 19. The restaurant will be open for group events, but not for regular guests.
• Fireside Grill in The Osprey at Beaver Creek (10 Elk Track Road, 970-429-5042) is closed for the mud season, reopening Thursday, May 26.
• SaddleRidge Restaurant (44 Meadow Lane, 970-754-5450) is closed to the public through the summer season for private events.
• The Dusty Boot (210 Offerson Road, 970-748-1146) is closed for the spring mud season, reopening Thursday, May 26.
• The Metropolitan (210 Offerson Road, No. 201C, 970-748-3123) is closed for mud season, reopening Friday, May 27, for Memorial Day weekend.
• Toscanini (60 Avondale Lane, 970-754-5590) is closed for mud season, reopening Friday, June 3.
• Pazzo’s Pizzeria (50 Chambers Ave., 970-337-9900) in Eagle is open throughout mud season. Look for the coupon in the Vail Daily — $13.50 for a large, three topping pizza, good at all three Pazzo’s locations — sometime in late April or early May.
• Ristorante Ti Amo (40928 U.S. Highway 6, 970-845-8153) is closed for the offseason, reopening Friday, May 6.
• Cafe Milano (429 Edwards Access Road, 970-926-4455) is serving up buy-one-get-one dinner entrees through the mud season. The deal is for dine-in only, and you must mention this listing. The restaurant also offers happy hour Monday through Saturday from 3 to 6 p.m., with $3 drafts and wells and $5 select wines. The restaurant staffs according to reservation numbers so call ahead.
• Delite & Bowl (175 Main St., No. 107, 970-855-0335) will take 50 percent off your entire bill, both lunch and dinner, through Thursday. The restaurant will be closed starting Friday, April 29 and reopening Monday, May 16.
• Happy hour continues through the shoulder season at Eat! Drink! (56 Edwards Village Blvd., No. 104, 970-926-1393) from 4 to 6 p.m., with a $5 glass of white or red wine and a three-cheese plate for $10. The restaurant is closed on Sundays.
• Fiestas Cafe & Cantina (57 Edwards Access Road, 970-926-2121) is celebrating locals’ appreciation and 27 years in the valley, with a free dessert or 27-cent margarita with the purchase of an entree. Hours are 10:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
• Juniper Restaurant (97 Main St., 970-926-7001) is closed for the mud season, reopening Friday, May 27.
• Main St. Grill (97 Main St., Unit W101, 970-926-2729) is featuring Two for Tuesdays throughout mud season, with buy-one-get-one dinner entrees.
• Old Forge (34295 U.S. Highway 6, 970-926-2220) will be adding new Mexican items to the menu the mud season and also will have happy hour from 3 to 5 p.m., with specials on beer and seafood items, such as shrimp cocktail.
• Restaurant Mirador at The Lodge and Spa at Cordillera (2205 Cordillera Way, 970-926-2200) boasts the “best special in the valley,” with 30 percent off the restaurant’s entire, extensive wine list, as well as 30 percent off all entrees. Hours are 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., with happy hour from 4 to 6 p.m. daily, featuring specials on select appetizers and wines, and dinner service starting at 5 p.m.
• Sato (105 Edwards Village Blvd., 970-926-7684) is featuring happy hour sushi prices all evening, from happy hour until close, plus 30 percent off entrees for mud season.
• The East (69 Edwards Access Road, No. 6, 970-926-6628) is offering 50 percent off the entire sushi menu and discounted drinks through mud season.
• Pick your deal at The Gashouse (34185 U.S. Highway 6, 970-926-3613), with 30 percent off dinner entrees or 30 percent off all bottles of wine or a $23.95 combo special, with lobster tail, shrimp and Waygu sirloin or buffalo tenderloin, buffalo sausage and grilled quail. Happy hour is 4:30 to 6 p.m. daily, with 30 percent off drinks and appetizers. No offers may be combined.
• TimberHearth at The Club at Cordillera (101 Legends Drive, 970-926-5588) is closed for the shoulder season, reopening Friday, May 27.
• Vista at Arrowhead (676 Sawatch Drive, 970-926-2111) is closed for mud season, reopening Saturday, May 28, for lunch and dinner service seven days a week.
• Zino Ristorante (27 Main St., 970-926-0777) is offering two courses for $31 on select menu items and 25 percent off wine for mud season.
• Kirby Cosmo’s (474 Main St., 970-827-9027) hosts wing night on Mondays, with 50-cent wings from 5 to 8 p.m. (dine-in only, must order in quantities of four), and Tuesday nights are buck-a-bone night, with barbecue ribs for $1 each (dine-in only, no limitations on quantities). Both deals run until Memorial Day weekend.
• At Magusto’s (101 Main St., 970-827-5450), get a large, one-topping pizza for $10 on Monday nights throughout the spring and summer. The offer is good for dine-in and carry out, but not for delivery.
• Find the ad for the Minturn Country Club (131 Main St., 970-827-4114) on the back page of the Vail Daily each day, and present it for 25 percent off your entire bill. The restaurant is open from 5:30 to close daily.
• For a limited time, Nicky’s Quickie (151 Main St., 970-827-5616) is offering 15 percent off your entire bill, dine-in and carryout orders only, if you mention this article. Call ahead to confirm that the deal is still being offered.
• Sticky Fingers Cafe & Bakery (132 Main St., 970-827-5353) recently acquired its liquor license and is celebrating with $7 Bloody Marys through Sunday, May 15. The cafe is open from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
• The Minturn Saloon (146 Main St., 970-827-5954) is closed for the mud season, reopening Friday, May 13.
• Wolcott Yacht Club (27190 U.S. Highway 6, Wolcott, 970-926-1390) is closed for the mud season. Call for more information on reopening date.