On the Hill: Checking out the chondola construction in Beaver Creek
June 13, 2014
Today’s activity: Bike ride up to Beaver Creek to check out construction on Centennial Express (Chair 6) and the new chondola that will be replacing it. Also, take a look at some of the summer activities going on at Beaver Creek now.
Conditions: Centennial Express is well underway with construction of the new chondola – a first-of-its-kind six-person lift/gondola. Summer activities have begun at the base of Centennial, with more set to open June 14. The Strawberry Park lift will open for summer fun after the elk migration (around the beginning of July).
Today’s weather: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 60. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. — National Weather Service
Trending In: On The Hill
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail