On the Hill: Foot of untouched snow for Back Bowls opening
December 12, 2013
VIDEO: With Chair 5 now running, Vail Daily reporter John LaConte enjoys a powdery cruise through Sun Down Bowl.
Vail official report: 0″ new snow, 7″ in last week
Vail Daily field report: There’s was a foot of untouched snow in Sun Up/Sun Down this morning
Weather: This morning it was warmer than it’s been over the last few days, but you’ll still want to protect your face. Very sunny.
Recommended Stories For You
Liftline status: Slight lines were starting to form at Chairs 3 and 4 once word got out that Chair 5 was running, but nothing too bad
Breakdown: With Chair 5 now running and Sun Up/Sun Down open, it’s a glorious day at Vail. The powder turns were bottomless, especially those on Sun Up, accessed from chairs 3 and 7
Snowcast: We’ll be dry for another week or so, NOAA is reporting
Are you enjoying On the Hill? Have any suggestions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Trending In: On The Hill
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza guilty of aggravated incest
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Vail Resorts stock took epic tumble Friday
- Can a hashtag make driving Vail Pass more safe during the winter months?
- City of Aspen slams on brakes with Lyft contract