On the Hill: Forever now open at Vail
December 24, 2013
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down the run entitled “Forever” at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 3″ new snow overnight, 24″ in last week
Vail Daily field report: There’s 2 feet of untouched snow in places
Recommended Stories For You
Weather: Cloudy, with light snow at the higher elevations
Liftline status: Crowded today
Run of the day: Forever just opened in Sun Down Bowl, but the conditions are tough
Breakdown: With nearly 2 feet of new snow in the last week, conditions are fantastic at Vail. The mountain has roughly 3,300 acres open and there’s powder stashes everywhere.
Snowcast: Today will be snowy, but it’s supposed to dry up for the rest of the week, reports the National Weather Service.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza guilty of aggravated incest
- Can a hashtag make driving Vail Pass more safe during the winter months?
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- Obermeyer’s throwback styles make a comeback for 2019