On the Hill: Good snow at Beaver Creek
December 27, 2013
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter/copy chief Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding down Harrier at Beaver Creek Resort.
Ross Leonhart uses an iON AirPro3 action camera. Send comments and suggestions to email@example.com.
Beaver Creek official report: 0″ new snow, 19″ in last week
Weather: Classic sunshine and blue skies
Liftline status: The holiday crowd is here. Lines aren’t too bad on the mountain, but there are definitely more people at Beaver Creek this week.
Recommended Stories For You
Run of the day: There’s some powder from the past week to be found. There are some nice pockets all over the mountain, including the Harrier trees. Gold Dust is the groomer of the day.
Breakdown: With 20 inches in the last week, there is a solid base at Beaver Creek for the Christmas holiday. Nothing but blue skies and sun at the Beav’.
Snowcast: The National Weather service forecasts sunny skies through the weekend with temperatures in the 30s.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect