On the Hill: Hike the Berry Picker Trail
June 24, 2014
Today’s activity: Hiking Vail Mountain’s Berry Picker Trail
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Report: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte mans a followcam up the Berry Picker Trail, which is one of several trails on Vail Mountain to play host to a Vail Recreation District race later this summer. Berry Picker starts and ends at the top and bottom of the Eagle Bahn Gondola, depending on which way you’re heading. It’s a very popular downhill hike but can also be hiked uphill.
Today’s forecast: Mostly sunny, with a high near 73. South southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. — National Weather Service
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife sends public reminder after sickly mountain lion kitten removed from private home
- Woman found in Vail Dumpster requests exclusion of police testimony from trial, scheduled for February
- Best of Vail 2018 winners (full list)
- Is the Vail Valley’s good early snow a sign of more powder through the winter?
- Vail’s Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin