On the Hill: Huge powder day at Vail
December 24, 2013
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding through the massive amounts of powder in the the Morning Side Ridge and Ricky’s Ridge areas of Sun Down Bowl at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 3″ new snow overnight, 12″ in last week
Vail Daily field report: There’s 2 feet of untouched snow in places
Recommended Stories For You
Weather: Cloudy, with light snow at the higher elevations
Liftline status: Crowded today
Run of the day: Morning Side Ridge in Sun Down Bowl
Breakdown: With nearly 2 feet of new snow in the last week, conditions are fantastic at Vail. The mountain has roughly 3,300 acres open and there’s powder stashes everywhere.
Snowcast: The National Weather service is reporting there’s a 100 percent chance of snow for today, 80 percent chance for tonight, 70 percent for Sunday during the day, 70 percent chance of snow for Sunday night, and 40 percent chance of snow for Monday.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- I-70 standoff suspect allegedly stabbed ‘good Samaritan’
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Does cannabis cost, or pay? CCU study claims marijuana costs $4.50 for every $1 it generates
- Winter Park Resort named best ski resort in North America by USA Today