On the Hill: New features at Vail
February 12, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down the Chair 5 line at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 1 inch new snow and 21 inches in last week as of 5 a.m.
Weather: Warm and partly cloudy
Recommended Stories For You
Liftline status: Not bad at all
Run of the day: Avanti
Breakdown: It was nice to see a little sun on Vail Mountain today, which made seeing the snow a lot easier. The back bowls will likely be skiing nicer today if the sun continutes to poke through the clouds.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service says snow is likely this evening through Friday.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire