On the Hill: New gate open at Vail
February 5, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down the recently moved “Pumphouse” run at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 3 inches new snow and 36 inches in week as of 5 a.m.
Vail Daily field report: There was only an inch or two of fresh over the hardpack, but the full 3 feet we’ve received in the last week is still available for shredding in many places
Recommended Stories For You
Weather: Partly cloudy, snowing on and off
Liftline status: Not bad at all
Run of the day: The Pumphouse is a good one for experts, and Ouzo is the groomer of the day
Breakdown: With another inch or two falling on and off all day at Vail, there’s fresh snow everywhere and the groomers are running soft and nice. And despite all the recent snow, crowds aren’t bad on the open runs.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service says it should snow every day this week
Trending In: On The Hill
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- I-70 standoff suspect allegedly stabbed ‘good Samaritan’
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Does cannabis cost, or pay? CCU study claims marijuana costs $4.50 for every $1 it generates
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza guilty of aggravated incest