On the Hill: New snow for Sunday at Vail
December 29, 2013
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down the Blue Ox run on Vail Mountain.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 2″ new snow overnight, 17″ in last week
Weather: It was a little colder today, with a low layer of clouds over some of the peaks on the Gore Range near Vail Pass
Recommended Stories For You
Liftline status: Crowded today
Run of the day: The east side of the mountain seemed to fair well from the storm that came through last night, try Poppyfields or Blue Ox for fun cruisers on the back and front side.
Breakdown: It’s a busy Sunday at Vail, but with plenty of terrain open and more than a foot and a half of new snow in the last week, there’s something for everyone out there today.
Snowcast: The National Weather service forecasts sunny skies today and Monday, with a slight chance of snow Tuesday.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail
- Full Vail Snow Days lineup announced