On the Hill: Original 10th Mtn ski troopers in town, skiing Riva Ridge
February 27, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down Riva Ridge with the original members of the 10th Mountain Division of the U.S. Army on Vail Mountain.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow overnight, 3 inches in last week
Weather: Warm and cloudy
Recommended Stories For You
Breakdown: After fighting in WWII, the “ski troopers” of the 10th Mountain Division of the U.S. Army helped develop the ski industry here in the U.S. On Tuesday, two of the original members of that regiment skied the buttery groom on Riva Ridge at Vail.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service forecasts a chance of snow the rest of the week, with Thursday night expected to bring decent accumulation.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Warning issued for Edwards residents after 8-10 mountain lions seen roaming neighborhoods
- O. J. Simpson spotted in Vail, posing for selfies
- Storm could bring up to 14 inches of new snow to Vail and Beaver Creek
- WATCH: Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode
- Skier rushed from Beaver Creek, pronounced dead at 85